ABOUT the Montezuma cortez School District rE-1
The district is committed to creating an environment of collaboration and accountability that ensures our students:
- Achieve personal goals and academic growth
- Are invested in success for their future
- Attain high levels of literacy and 21st century skills
- Are engaged in active citizenship
- Learn in a safe and healthy school environment
WHO WE ARE
Montezuma Cortez RE-1 is committed to ensuring all our students graduate with the knowledge and skills they need to be successful in college and career. MCSD recently adopted a three-year strategic plan with key goals focused on achieving Academic Excellence, Building a Team of Effective Educators, Inspiring Community Support, and Student-Centered Budgeting. We're proud of our diverse community and rich heritage. Located in the Four Corners, our district borders three states and encompasses the Ute Mountain Ute Tribal reservation, the town of Cortez, and the farm and ranch communities of Lewis, Arriola, and Pleasant View.
WHO WE SERVE
Montezuma Cortez RE-1 - 1 preschool, 4 elementary schools, 1 middle school and 1 high school. In addition we authorize 3 charters - Battlerock Charter School, Children's Kiva Montessori School; and Southwest Open School Montezuma Cortez RE-1 is privileged to serve a diverse population of 2,800+ students.
- 22% Latino
- 49% Caucasian
- 26% Native American
- 60% of our students qualify for free and reduced lunch
- 100% amazing students with the potential to change the world!
Montezuma Cortez RE-1 departments include:
- Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- (Includes: Special Education, Gifted and Talented, English Language Learners)
- HR Department
- Health and Nursing Services
- Nutrition Services
- Facilities and Maintenance
- Finance Department
- Office of the Superintendent
703 West 7th Street
Cortez, CO 81321
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.