Montezuma Cortez Middle School is proud to partner with many community partners and resources to support students and families. Use the tabs below to find more information or pictures of these partnerships.
MONTEZUMA SCHOOL TO FARM PROGRAM
MSTFP Fast Facts!
- Mr. Matt Bristol is the MSTFP AmeriCorp garden master at MCMS.
- Harvested over 1200 pounds of food in the fall.
- 90% of harvested food was donated to our local food bank.
- 10% of harvested food was cooked, prepared and consumed by science agriculture students.
- Vegetable harvest included potatoes, onions, carrots, peppers, kale, Brussels sprouts and baby bachoi.
- Fruit harvest included plums and peaches.
- Over 300 pumpkins were picked this past fall!
PINON PROJECT AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
Montezuma-Cortez Middle School is proud to be working with The Piñon Project in providing your students with after school opportunities. The Piñon Project will pick-up your students from MCMS and MCHS, offering snacks, games, movies, and a safe place to hangout. In addition to the daily activities that the Piñon Project puts on throughout the school week, there are also special events planned specifically for each month. Please see the attached flyer for more information about these programs.
Here is the weekly schedule for the after school programs:
- Monday - 4:30pm - 5:30pm Hangouts @ Piñon Project
- Tuesday- 4:30pm - 5:30pm Nature Day @ Piñon Project or Off Campus
- Wednesday- 3:10pm - 4:10pm Open Gym @ MCMS, 4:10 - 5:30PM Movie @ Piñon Project
- Thursday- 4:30pm - 5:30pm Hangouts @ Piñon Project
- Friday- 4:30pm - 5:30pm Game Day @ Piñon Project
Hope to see some of your students there!
At Medicine Horse it’s all about horses helping people and people helping horses. It’s about developing relationships with some amazing animals and discovering your best self.
In our work, we constantly witness how horses nurture, inspire and heal a person’s spirit, mind and body. Whether you want to become more assertive, see your child gain confidence and increase their pro social skills, or you would like to increase your mobility and balance, our family of equine assisted therapy and growth and learning programs has a place for you.
Medicine Horse Center is an equine-assisted therapy and social-emotional learning organization specializing in alternative outdoor educational, experiential and therapeutic activities. We are a Colorado charitable 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization serving youth and families of the Four Corners region.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.