Our high school counseling department provides a variety of supports and resources to students. In the spring, we help students chart a successful life path by advising on the most exciting and engaging classes for them. Please review the info below!
The purpose of the "2021 – 2022 Course Description Guide" below is to provide a comprehensive overview of the curriculum that we offer.
The purpose of the "Panther Tracks" document below is to help teachers, advisers, students and families envision a “pathway” to reach postsecondary goals. This is also meant as a simple jumping-off point for meaningful career conversations.
M-CHS Guidance Office
Counselors from left to right: Carmen Maness, Amanda Higgins, & Colin Noel
The best way to predict your future is to create it....
M-CHS GUIDANCE & COUNSELING STAFF (970)565-3722
Home Address / Mailing Address
- Home, Cell, and Work Phone
- Parents Names and/or Guardianship Names
- Emergency Contact Information
- Home Language Survey
- Student Medical Information
- Student Use of the Internet/Electronic Communications
- Race / Ethnicity Identification Form
- Required Vaccines / Immunization Record
- Lunch Application
- Title 506 Form (if applicable)
You must also supply the following documents (in person).
Your student’s birth certificate
- Immunization Record
- Certificate of Indian Blood (if applicable) ((must be signed in person after enrollment complete))
- Proof of Colorado Residency (utility bill w/ physical address)
- Withdrawal Form & Withdrawal grades
- State test scores
- Attendance Record from previous school
- Discipline Report from previous school
- Individual Education Plan-IEP (if applicable)
- 504 Plan (if applicable)
If your child is transferring to another school:
It is very important that you go through our withdrawal process prior to leaving Montezuma-Cortez High School.
- This withdrawal will ensure all items and fees that have been issued or accumulated by your student have been returned/paid; if not you will be charged. This will also help us to transpfer your records when you enter a new school.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.