Montezuma County Smile Makers Dental Program will be offering preventive dental services for MONTEZUMA CORTEZ RE-1 SCHOOL DISTRICT STUDENTS
MCSM will be coming to YOUR STUDENTS SCHOOL
Preventive services will be offered to all Students. If your Student has been seen by a Dentist or Hygienist in the last 6 months, he/she may not need this service.
MCSM accepts Medicaid and CHP+, as well as cash payments. If your student has Medicaid or CHP+, there is no cost to you. If your child does not have Medicaid or CHP+, you may pay with cash or check. (MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO MCSM) Please see price chart below.
- Dental screening by a registered Hygienist No Cost (Donated by MCSM)
- Oral hygiene instructions No Cost (Donated by MCSM)
- Prophylaxis (cleaning) $35 under12yrs $45 over 12yrs
- Dental fluoride application $25
- Sealants (as needed) $35 per sealant
- Referrals to a Dentist (If decay/cavities or other concerns are evident)
Dental sealants are thin, plastic coatings painted on the chewing surfaces of the back teeth in order to keep out the germs and food that cause cavities. It is recommended that children receive sealants on their permanent molars as soon as the teeth come in. If your student is between 5-7 years old, or between 11-14 years old, he/she may be eligible to have sealants placed on their 6 or 12 year molars.
Results of screening will be sent home with your student the day of the services. If you have any further questions or would like to schedule a restorative appointment we can be reached at 970-564-4764.
Download the MCSM Consent form here.