The district is committed to creating an environment of collaboration and accountability that ensures our students:
- Achieve personal goals and academic growth
- Are invested in success for their future
- Attain high levels of literacy and 21st century skills
- Are engaged in active citizenship
- Learn in a safe and healthy school environment
WHO WE ARE
Montezuma Cortez RE-1 is committed to ensuring all our students graduate with the knowledge and skills they need to be successful in college and career. MCSD recently adopted a three-year strategic plan with key goals focused on achieving Academic Excellence, Building a Team of Effective Educators, Inspiring Community Support, and Student-Centered Budgeting. We're proud of our diverse community and rich heritage. Located in the Four Corners, our district borders three states and encompasses the Ute Mountain Ute Tribal reservation, the town of Cortez, and the farm and ranch communities of Lewis, Arriola, and Pleasant View.
WHO WE SERVE
Montezuma Cortez RE-1 has 10 schools: 1 preschool, 4 elementary schools, 1 middle school, and 1 high school. In addition we authorize 3 charters: Battlerock Charter School, Children's Kiva Montessori School, and Southwest Open School. Montezuma-Cortez RE-1 is privileged to serve a diverse population of 2,800+ students.
- 22% Latino
- 49% Caucasian
- 26% Native American
- 60% of our students qualify for free and reduced lunch
- 100% amazing students with the potential to change the world!
Montezuma-Cortez RE-1 departments include:
- Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- (Includes: Special Education, Gifted and Talented, English Language Learners)
- Human Resources Department
- Health and Nursing Services
- Nutrition Services
- Facilities and Maintenance
- Finance Department
- Office of the Superintendent
Montezuma-Cortez School District RE-1 Statement of Nondiscrimination:
The Montezuma-Cortez School District RE-1 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age. The following staff have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
El Distrito Escolar RE-1 de Montezuma-Cortez no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad o edad. Se ha designado a las siguientes personas para que se ocupen de las consultas relativas a las políticas de no discriminación:
School District Re-1
400 North Elm Street
PO Box R
Cortez, CO 81321-0708
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.