M-CSD Human Resources
We are committed to the health and wellness of all district employees. To get further involved join our Wellness Committee by contacting the HR office. Access your wellness site at Anthem.com.
School District Training
Please be sure that you get logged in to Vector Solutions to complete your online training.
Using your web browser, go to the Vector Training, K-12 Edition website for Montezuma-Cortez School District No. Re-1:
Don't forget if you move, please update your address with HR and Payroll.
Human Resources benefits information
The Montezuma-Cortez School District RE-1 welcomes enthusiastic, highly motivated educators to apply to be a Substitute Teacher. Our students are more successful each and ever day with the support of licensed positive substitute teachers. Join our team of passionate educators. Please contact us with questions.
A current substitute license with the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) is a requirement. See the CDE website for details on how to obtain a license. https://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/licensure_subapp
This process may take up to 4+ weeks.
Frontline - Absence Management
Review the Directions on Requesting Time Off
In addition to submitting time off through Frontline please contact your direct Supervisor in the event of an absence.
- Job Descriptions
- Salary schedules
- Employee Evaluation
- Wellness Committee
- Employee Newsletters
Employee Benefits/ Insurance Links
The FMLA Process
Who is eligible?
Employees with a minimum of one year with the District.
You or an immediate family member has medical need that is identified for FMLA.
How do I get started?
Complete the FMLA first step application and meet with your direct supervisor.
Upon completion of meeting with your supervisor, submit this completed first step application to a representative in Human Resources.
Have your health care provider complete the Certificate of Health Care Provider for Employee or for Family Member's serious health condition.
If you are unsure how to proceed, contact HR to schedule an appointment. We can happily review the process with you.
GET INVOLVED - Are you considering Volunteering?
The Montezuma-Cortez School District RE-1 welcomes their community to get involved. Please see details below on getting started.
1. Pick up an application at your child's school or the district office (or print the copy at home from our website).
2. Complete the application and return it to your child's principal/office team or the district office.
3. You will be asked to provide a copy of your state ID or current driver's license.
4. Schedule an appointment to have your fingerprints taken/background check. Upon scheduling an appointment, send your appointment confirmation to the Human Resources office at email@example.com
5. Upon completion of your background check, both you and the school will be notified of your volunteer status.
Thank you for your consideration. We love our volunteers!
Accountant Business Coordinator
Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Administrative Assistant Human Resources, PR and Marketing
Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Superintendent
Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent and Board of Education
Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
Director of Facilities
Director of Federal Programs
Director of Food and Nutrition Services
Director of Native American Services
Director of Technology
Director of Transportation
Human Resources Generalist
Maintenance Licensed HVAC Technician
Nutrition Services and Warehouse Delivery
Paraprofessional Exceptional Student Services (ESS)
Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
Principal Elementary School
Principal Middle School
Principal High School
Teacher Exceptional Student Services (ESS)
Technology Support Specialist
The district is committed to increasing salary schedules, as funding allows, to ensure we are offering a competitive and sustainable salary to all of our employees. We regularly conduct salary analyses compared to regional employers and similar districts. The district is also committed to offering a strong total compensation package including our benefits and retirement.
Colorado Teacher Evaluation Standards and Process
We’re committed to ensuring all our teachers receive regular and transparent feedback in alignment with the Colorado Teacher Evaluation standards and process.
To learn more:
montezuma-cortez evaluation for support staff
We’re committed to ensuring all our staff receive feedback on their performance including an annual evalation.
The M-CSD Wellness Committee meets once a month through the school year at the District Office.
The committee works together to create wellness connections with each campus of our district. The goal is to instill wellness practices for each of us working for the district.
You may contact our office Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(970) 565- 7282
Our goal is to be the #1 rural district where teachers want to work because they are valued and developed, are part of a dynamic team, have opportunities for leadership, and are making a difference every day in their students’ ability to reach their potential. We’re looking for people who are interested in working with diverse and high needs populations and are committed to closing the achievement gap.
Educator development and support - We are committed to growing our team of effective educators by providing opportunities for growth and professional development and opportunities for leadership.
- New teacher supports – we are committed to supporting the success of all our new teachers through new teacher professional development and coaching using the Get Better Faster framework, opportunities to visit and learn from our most effective teachers in our lab classrooms, and a peer mentor in your building. We want you to be successful and to be able to support our students in their success.
- Teacher growth and leadership – we are committed to providing all our teachers with ongoing opportunities for growth including opportunities for leadership. Each of our schools has multiple teacher teams that provide input to and lead the various initiatives in the school. The instructional leadership team is comprised of teacher leaders that provide guidance to the overall school improvement plan, teacher professional development and other key initiatives.
- Aspiring leaders – we provide opportunities for teachers and others interested in growing their skills to become instructional coaches, Assistant Principals, or Principals. Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about these opportunities.
- Principal and Assistant principal leadership development – we are committed to the idea that we are all both learners and leaders. The district provides ongoing professional development to our leaders in instructional best practices, coaching, school improvement, team building, and overall leadership.
Job descriptions, benefits, and salary scales – the district is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package and to participate in the State retirement fund (PERA).
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Facilities and Maintenance
- Finance Department
- Health and Nursing Services
- Human Resources
- Nutrition Services
- Office of the Superintendent
- Student & School Safety
- Teacher Resources
School District Re-1
400 North Elm Street
PO Box R
Cortez, CO 81321-0708
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.