MCSD Human Resources
Commitment to Employee Health and Safety
We are committed to supporting our employees' health and safety. Thank you for your dedication to our students and please reach out to our Executive Director of Human Resources Cynthia Eldredge at (970) 565-7282 ext. 1135 or Jaclyn Hall, our Health Services Director at (970) 565-7313 with any questions or concerns.
Human Resources benefits information
The Montezuma-Cortez School District RE-1 welcomes enthusiastic, highly motivated educators to apply to be a Substitute Teacher. Our students are more successful each and ever day with the support of licensed positive substitute teachers. Join our team of passionate educators. Please contact us with questions.
A current substitute license with the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) is a requirement.
Frontline - Absence Management
Review the Directions on Requesting Time Off
In addition to submitting time off through Frontline please contact your direct Supervisor in the event of an absence.
Employee Benefits/ Insurance Links
This page is being UPDATED
Accountant Business Coordinator
Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Administrative Assistant Human Resources, PR and Marketing
Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Superintendent
Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent and Board of Education
Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
Human Resources Generalist
Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
Principal Elementary School
Principal Middle School
Teacher Exceptional Student Services (ESS)
The district is committed to increasing salary schedules, as funding allows, to ensure we are offering a competitive and sustainable salary to all of our employees. We regularly conduct salary analyses compared to regional employers and similar districts. The district is also committed to offering a strong total compensation package including our benefits and retirement.
Colorado Teacher Evaluation Standards and Process
We’re committed to ensuring all our teachers receive regular and transparent feedback in alignment with the Colorado Teacher Evaluation standards and process.
To learn more:
montezuma-cortez evaluation for support staff
We’re committed to ensuring all our staff receive feedback on their performance including an annual evalation.
You may contact our office Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(970) 565- 7282
Our goal is to be the #1 rural district where teachers want to work because they are valued and developed, are part of a dynamic team, have opportunities for leadership, and are making a difference every day in their students’ ability to reach their potential. We’re looking for people who are interested in working with diverse and high needs populations and are committed to closing the achievement gap.
Educator development and support - We are committed to growing our team of effective educators by providing opportunities for growth and professional development and opportunities for leadership.
- New teacher supports – we are committed to supporting the success of all our new teachers through new teacher professional development and coaching using the Get Better Faster framework, opportunities to visit and learn from our most effective teachers in our lab classrooms, and a peer mentor in your building. We want you to be successful and to be able to support our students in their success.
- Teacher growth and leadership – we are committed to providing all our teachers with ongoing opportunities for growth including opportunities for leadership. Each of our schools has multiple teacher teams that provide input to and lead the various initiatives in the school. The instructional leadership team is comprised of teacher leaders that provide guidance to the overall school improvement plan, teacher professional development and other key initiatives.
- Aspiring leaders – we provide opportunities for teachers and others interested in growing their skills to become instructional coaches, Assistant Principals, or Principals. Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about these opportunities.
- Principal and Assistant principal leadership development – we are committed to the idea that we are all both learners and leaders. The district provides ongoing professional development to our leaders in instructional best practices, coaching, school improvement, team building, and overall leadership.
Job descriptions, benefits, and salary scales – the district is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package and to participate in the State retirement fund (PERA).
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Facilities and Maintenance
- Finance Department
- Health and Nursing Services
- Human Resources
- Nutrition Services
- Office of the Superintendent
- Student & School Safety
- Teacher Resources
School District Re-1
400 North Elm Street
PO Box R
Cortez, CO 81321-0708
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.