Board of Education Members
While supporting the highest level of education possible for every student the school board does the following:
- Makes and reviews policies for the school district, while observing state laws & regulations pertaining to public education.
- With the superintendent, develops the vision & mission for the district.
- Adopts the budget that provides the financial basis for buildings, staff, materials and equipment which enable the district to carry out the educational program. This includes oversight of all district funds.
- Acquires reliable information to enable it to make the best possible decisions about the scope & nature of the educational programming.
- Provides policy for effective management of complaints.
- Provides adequate & direct means to communicate with the public about district plans & needs.
- Supports decisions made by the majority of the Board.
- Board of Education Self-Evaluation 2021
- Board of Education Self-Evaluation 2022
M-CSD Re-1 School Board Director & Vice-President ~ District C (Started 4 year term 11/2019)
Sherri Wright is the director for District C. She graduated from Montezuma-Cortez High ...
M-CSD RE-1 School Board Director & President ~ District F (started 4 year term 11/30/21)
Sheri Noyes is the director for District F. She was born and raised in Cortez and lives...
M-CSD RE-1 School Board Director ~ District G (2 year Term started 11/30/21)
Layne Frazier was elected to a 2-year term as the director for District G in 2021. This...
M-CSD RE-1 School Board Director & Treasurer ~ District B (4 year term started 11/30/21)
Jeanette Hart was elected in 2021 to a 4 year term that expires in November 2025. ...
M-CSD RE-1 School Board Director & Secretary ~ District E (4 year term beginning on 11/30/21)
Ed Rice retired from M-CSD RE-1 schools in 2019. Ed has a B.S. degree from Colorado Sta...
M-CSD RE-1 School Board Director ~ District A (2 year term starting 11/30/21)
(Feb) 2021 Elected to fill a recalled position in District - A (Nov) 2021 Elected to...
School District Re-1
400 North Elm Street
PO Box R
Cortez, CO 81321-0708
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.